We are Proud to bring you Qurbani Experience for 2023 - Thank you for your continued support
We have provided Qurbani / Udhiyyah Service in the GTA for over 25 years and have now brought this service online to reach more of our community.
What is Qurbani / Udhiyya ?
Qurbani / Udhiyya is Compulsory (Waajib) for every Muslim male and female who fulfills the below conditions:
- Has attained puberty
- Is of sound mind (not insane)
- Possesses Nisaab for that moment in time, not necessarily for one Islamic calendar year (Nisaab is the value of excess wealth which makes a Muslim liable for Zakaah i.e. The possession of, or equivalent capital value of seven and half tolas gold (87.48 grams) or fifty two tolas of silver (612.32 grams)
The Qurbani Animal also has to fulfill some of these basic conditions:
- Lamb / Sheep, either male or female, if six months old and over, the animal must look like one year old. Lamb / Sheep that are one year old and over are preferred for sacrifice.
- Cow, Ox or Buffalo, of at least two years old. These animals count as seven shares.
- The Animal cannot have any physical disability such as bad or impaired vision, extremely weak animal etc.
We take reservations for the Qurbani or Udhiyah from about a month in advance. We will also collect information of what day and what time you would like the meat to be delivered or picked up. On the day of Qurbani, we ourselves offer prayer at the local masjid and head to the slaughterhouse for the slaughtering of the animals on that day. Ontario Health Ministries only allow shipping out of fresh same day carcases for the Qurbani purpose. We bring back all the orders to our Mississauga location. This year we will not be able to accomodate anyone at the slaughterhouse but you can still visit us at our store for getting involved in this beautiful tradition of the Prophet Ibraheem (A.S).
Once the meat has arrived at our butcher shop located in Mississauga at 1111 Britannia Rd East, We start cutting and packing all the fresh meat first hand.
For Beef, we cut up an entire beef and then divide it into 7 shares. Each share has (For a total of 50 to 55 Pounds):
- Stew Meat
- Mince Beef
- Nehari Meat
For Lamb and Goats, they are stewed in a cut up into medium pieces or as you have directed in your order.
You can provide us with instructions about how the meat should be cut and bagged. It is a common practice to divide the Qurbani into 3 portions:
- For the Poor and Under Privileged,
- For close family and friends
- For your home
Our customers often leave the donation portion with us to distribute which is delivered to the Muslim Welfare Centre as well as the Salvation Army.
Visit our Qurbani Udhiyya Collection & Order Now
This year with timeslots we hope to avoid having you wait in line while we prepare the order. So with the below slots we will be taking limited amount of orders on a first come first serve basis.
|Day 1 Evening
|Day 2 Morning
|Day 2 Afternoon
|Day 2 Evening
|Day 3 Morning
|Day 3 Afternoon
|Day 3 Evening